The first set of Walking Dead figures has arrived and another is on its way later this month! The set that’s already in is the COMIC version of the action figures and features Rick Grimes, Michonne, a zombie lurker and a zombie roamer. Check these out:
Each figure is about 6 inches tall and the heroes come armed to the teeth, ready to take on herds of the undead.
Later on, look for Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, a zombie walker and a zombie biter! Take a look at what’s next:
The show’s back in action and we absolutely loved the first episode of season 2, so you can definitely count on these being pretty popular with fans. Order or pre-order now!
TWO series of figures from THE WALKING DEAD are headed your way. The first is based on the comic series and the second on the adapted television series. Both of them are out later this month and can be pre-ordered now! Check these out.
SERIES ONE: THE COMIC
OFFICER RICK GRIMES
SERIES TWO: THE TV SERIES
OFFICER RICK GRIMES
From The Pimsleur Approach comes an infographic we hope you’ll never, ever need!
Source: Pimsleur Approach
Source: Pimsleur Approach
New figures from The Walking Dead are now available for pre-order! The brilliant artists and sculptors at McFarlane are creating a line of 6-inch figures based on both the awesome books (Series 1) and the amazing AMC TV show (Series 2).
The first series includes Officer Rick Grimes, Michonne, a Zombie Lurker and a Zombie Roamer. The next series features Deputy Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, a Zombie Walker and a Zombie Biter. Only the prototypes for the first four figures have been released (and are the ones shown above), but you can bet that McFarlane will be bringing their A-game to everything they release in this collection.
And there’s more good news for TWD fans, too, in the form of a new video game announcement! Here’s the story from Christian Davis of DeviceMag.com:
It’s a busy time for Telltale Games. With the unveiling of the first trailer for Jurassic Park, and the launch of the second episode of the Back to the Future series, the studio has confirmed it’s creating a video game based on the comic book series The Walking Dead.
According to an IGN report, the partnership with Telltale and Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman will span several years and feature multiple titles on multiple platforms.
Kirkman offered few details on what players can expect from The Walking Dead game, scheduled to launch during the fourth quarter 2011 window.
Kirkman says the game will be episodic and based on events within the comic book universe (there’s also a TV show on AMC). It’s not clear whether this title will be an adventure game — similar to Telltale’s previous work — or a more action-oriented game.
Zombie fans will enjoy this TEAM UNICORN production, detailing the ins and outs of dealing with zombies and the trials and tribulations of the Christmas season.
A new figure has been released by Hot Toys, known for their absolutely incredible collectibles, and it’s one that is sure to please fans of the horror video game franchise RESIDENT EVIL. In collaboration with Capcom, Hot Toys gives you…Jill Valentine:
As with most Hot Toys figures, you can expect a heck of a lot of accessories and features, so check out this list for the info:
* Hand-painted and Detailed likeness of Jill Valentine in the video game Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil) in her B.S.A.A. Version
* Approximately 28 cm tall
* Newly developed female TrueType body with over 30 points of articulations
* Realistic hair sculpture with ponytail
* Three (3) pieces of interchangeable posing palms with black gloves, including:
* + One (1) pair of left and right palm for holding gun
* + One (1) piece of right palm for holding knife
* One (1) set of real fabric B.S.A.A. uniform including: blue shirt, black tactical vest, grey pants, leather-like grey and black boots
* Dark-blue colored cap
* Radio with pouch
* Shoulder holsters with (2) holster pouches
* Belt with two (2) pouches in the front, one (1) back pouch and one (1) aid spray pouch
* Magazine pouch
* Knife pocket
* Two (2) machine guns
* Flash grenade
* Aid spray
* Ammo pack
* Figure stand with Jill Valentine (B.S.A.A. Version) nameplate and video game logo
And if that isn’t enough zombie action for you, maybe it’s time to turn to one of the latest entries in zombie lore: the television adaptation of THE WALKING DEAD. If you’re a fan of the comics upon which the show is based, you might already know that there have a bunch of changes made as well as a number of elements that have been faithfully reproduced. A great break-down of comparisons and contrasts is available on Ugo.com. Click the pic below to give it a look!
The new Sideshow Thriller Michael Jackson figure is a brilliant way to celebrate the life of the late King of Pop. Capturing the performer’s likeness in the way only Hot Toys and Sideshow can, this 12-inch figure is strikingly accurate and boasts a number of special features:
* 2 interchangeable heads – Michael Jackson head and MJ Zombie head
* 2 costumes (original red jacket and pants & zombie suit)
* 2 pairs of white socks with black shoes
* Five (5) sets of interchangeable hands and one (1) additional posing right hand
* 12-inches figure stand with the classic Thriller title and Michael Jackson nameplate
Build at a 1:6 scale, the detail is sure to bring any MJ fan back to 1983–whether or not they were even born.
Here’s a trip down memory lane with the short version of the 15-minute epic: