April Fools’ Day isn’t actually an official holiday (seriously, can we make it one? Imagine a day off to play pranks on your unsuspecting pals!), but if you’re reading from Canada, the U.S., Europe, Australia, Brazil or India, you’ll most likely be able to appreciate a first-of-April joke or two. And for gamers, there are a few especially great treats that the bigwigs have set up for us to enjoy. Golly!
According to EuroGamer, here are some of the April Fools’ themed “Easter eggs” you can peruse while on a coffee or study break today:
- A Pac-Man mode for Google Maps
- A “T.I.N.D.R.” extension for World of Warcraft that lets you find “companions” (sounds oh so familiar…)
- An ad for a new mosquito repellent by Ubisoft
- A non-violent version of Minecraft for PC (“Survival” is now “Existence”. How fluffy)
- The “Playstation Flow” virtual reality glasses by Sony (we wish)
- And more!
So happy April Fools’ Day, everybody. Please try not to be that annoying dude or dudette refilling the sugar container with salt, okay? Be creative! *winky face emoji*