Like any game geek, I purchased a Nintendo DSi and installed some homebrew and I’m lovin it.
Found an interesting Cnet article by Dave Rosenberg (June 14, 2009)
Video game sales were down by 23 percent in May, according to the latest data from NPD Group. The bright spot of the report is the ongoing domination by Nintendo, whose hardware and associated games outsold the competition by nearly 2 to 1.
As CNET’s Lance Whitney reported, “NPD blamed most of the decline on the lack of blockbuster games rather than the weak economy. The report noted that last year’s sales were boosted by the launch of popular software titles such as Grand Theft Auto IV. Nintendo’s Wii Fit also was a hot commodity in 2008.”
- UFC 2009 Undisputed(THQ) Xbox 360 – 679,600
- Wii Fit(Nintendo) Wii – 352,800
- EA Sports Active(EA) Wii – 345,800
- UFC 2009 Undisputed(THQ) PS3 – 334,400
- Infamous(Sony) PS3 – 175,900
- Pokemon Platinum(Nintendo) DS – 168,900
- Mario Kart(Nintendo) Wii – 158,300
- Punch Out!!(Nintendo) Wii – 156,900
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged(Activision) Xbox 360 – 120,700
- Wii Play(Nintendo) Wii – 109,800
Total Nintendo software: 1,292,500
Total other vendor software: 1,310,600
Nintendo also remains strong in the console business, with sales of the Nintendo DS and Wii nearly doubling the competition.
- Nintendo DS: 633,500
- Wii: 289,500
- Xbox 360: 175,000
- PlayStation 3: 131,000
- PlayStation 2: 117,000
- PSP: 100,400
Looking for Nintendo Toys? We have a good selection of these hard to find licensed toys.