May 31, 2011
Sideshow and Hot Roys band together once again to present an absolutely awesome bust of Iron Man’s Mark V armor, as seen in IRON MAN 2. As you’d expect from the names, this item is high in detail, completely faithful to the film’s design and looks great on any Marvel fan’s display shelf.
Standing about 10 inches tall, it features LED lights in the eyes and chest, which require 3 AAA batteries.
* Stands approximately 9.5 inches
* LED-lighted eyes and heart (battery operated – not included)
* Metallic red and silver painting on armor
* Specially designed square stand, featuring the Mark V nameplate and movie logo
May 30, 2011
* Fully articulated male body (armored body) with 30+ points of articulation
* Commander Cody portrait
* Fabric bodysuit with additional fabric collar
* Detailed armor
* Two switch-out helmets (Episode II and Episode III)
* Blaster Carbine
* Blaster Rifle
* Two blaster pistols
* Generous assortment of switch-out hands
* Switch-out hand with Order 66 Hologram
* Two pairs of switch-out feet (action and standing)
That’s a list of the impressive features boasted by Sideshow’s new COMMANDER CODY figure from their epic Star Wars collection. If you’re a fan of the franchise, then you’ve probably already nabbed a couple of their awesome items from the series, but if you haven’t and you’re looking for a decent place to start, you can’t go wrong with this one. It features all the impressive sculpting, paint-work and design you’d expect from an outfit like Sideshow and adds switchable helmets and weaponry. Definitely a great find for collectors!
May 29, 2011
Going to miss the Harry Potter franchise when it comes to an end this summer? I think it’s safe to say you’re far from the only one–even the cast has a hard time letting go. From MTV’s Movies Blog, here’s a look at one send-off…
Saying goodbye isn’t easy. Every “Harry Potter” fan around the world is about to learn that lesson the hard way, if they haven’t already.
But it’s not just “Harry Potter” fans that are struggling through mixed emotions as the series barrels towards its conclusion this summer: it’s the actors as well. Alan Rickman, who stars in the franchise as the chronically misunderstood potions master Severus Snape, had quite a lot to say about the ending of “Potter” in a new issue of Empire Magazine (via BuzzFeed), addressing author J.K. Rowling specifically in a letter crafted for her (and the public’s) eyes.
May 28, 2011
Hot Toys and Sideshow are both known for their amazing action figures and statues and this doll figure of the legendary actor and martial artist Bruce Lee just keeps up the trend of amazing work on their part. Based on his appearance in ENTER THE DRAGON, this is not only an absolutely beautiful rendering of the man himself, but features a backdrop that makes the whole piece come to life all the more.
Naturally, since it’s a Sideshow/Hot Toys piece, it doesn’t end at the figure or the diorama–there’s so much more! Check out this list of features:
* Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Bruce Lee as Lee in the movie Enter the Dragon
* Two (2) newly developed head sculpts with Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) with different facial expressions, including one (1) battle damaged ver. with scars on both sides of face
* Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture
* Approximately 30 cm tall
* Newly sculpted muscular body with over 30 points of articulation with battle damaged scars on chest, waist and back
* Fourteen (14) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
* One (1) pair of relaxed palms
* One (1) pair of fists
* One (1) pair for holding nunchucks
* One (1) pair for holding rods
* One (1) pair of posing palms during grappling
* One (1) piece for grappling
* One (1) piece of open palm
* One (1) piece for practicing Wing Chun
* One (1) piece with thumb up for imitating his act of nose touching
* Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
* Two (2) sets of costume including:
* Style 1:
* One (1) piece of Chinese style white shirt
* One (1) pair of dark blue trousers with black waist band
* One (1) pair of white socks
* Style 2:
* One (1) one-piece dark blue stealth suit
* One (1) pair of black socks
* Two (2) pairs of black cotton shoes
* One (1) pair of nunchucks
* Two (2) short rods
* One (1) long rod
* One (1) dark blue bag
* One (1) ball of strings
* One (1) snake
* Two (2) movie-accurate diorama backdrops with Bruce Lee’s Chinese nameplate, Chinese movie logo and MMS DX series title including:
* One (1) imitating the scenario of dungeon in the movie
* One (1) imitating the scenario of mirror room in the movie, with middle part of the mirror which can be rotated with its back showing scene of Chinese cultural implement of punishment
* A transparent pillar to be put in backdrop stand for figure standing and posing
May 27, 2011
New GOD OF WAR III figures are now available from DC Direct and it’s an understatement to say that they look fantastic. The game is already known for its lush visuals and the over-the-top (in the best possible way) character design and these 6-inchers capture it all perfectly. Plus, they come with a bunch of weapons that mean you are just one purchase away from staging some pretty ridiculous fights on your very own display shelf.
May 26, 2011
If you’re a Masters of the Universe fan, then you are probably aware of how well-armed the characters are. Which we hope you think is a good thing, because they’re about to get even more weapons from the new rack above. It’s got a place for everything and everything in its place so if He-Man’s gotta take on a new foe, this is his one-stop-shop for everything he’s going to need. If you’re a collector, be sure to check it out, suit up and get out there!
May 25, 2011
Well, Star Wars leaves no merchandising opportunity unexplored and so it’s actually no surprise that they’ve come up with a new product now available over at CmdStore.com!
Mace Windu & Darth Maul, Darth Vader & Yoda and Luke Skywalker & Yoda make up the first three packs of Star Wars chopsticks that bring a little bit of the Force to your next meal!
Kotobukiya is delighted to announce an innovative and fun addition to their Star Wars line of products: Lightsabers merge with Japanese culture and “Chop Sabers” emerge! Suitable for eating sushi or defending the galaxy, the Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader lightsabers measure over 9” long, with the blades cast in translucent material. The smaller “children’s size” Yoda saber measures approximately 8” long. As a special bonus each set includes translucent Star Wars logo chopstick rests!
May 24, 2011
Mark Strong takes on the role of Sinestro in the upcoming Green Lantern feature film and it’s some inspired casting that only seems confirmed in its awesomeness by the above trailer.
And, of course, with the coming of the highly-anticipated movie, there’s bound to be a fresh wave of new merchandise, including a great line of movie-themed action figures–not to mention some great figures based on the recent comic arc, Blackest Night.
But we’ve also got a special line that’s come out recently and it’s a throw-back to yesteryear and a glimpse into figures of a simpler time: the Retro-Action DC Heroes quasi-plush line. Check them out here or see our latest addition, the villainous Sinestro, right here:
May 24, 2011
A brand new Ms. Marvel Bishoujo statue has just arrived and is in-stock and ready to order. Take a look!
Standing 9 inches tall, she looks stunning as she leaps into action with the broken-up remnants of the sidewalk below. Any fan of the anime-influenced Ame-Comi line by DC Direct or Marvel’s Previous releases in the Kotobukiya collection will definitely want to snag this while it’s still available!
May 23, 2011
Well, if you’re reading this today, then that means we survived the supposed Rapture, but if you feel you need a palate-cleanser from all the panicking, then maybe it’s time to turn to a Rapture where the world really is falling apart. We’ll help with this brand new Subject Delta doll from NECA.
Based on Eleanor Lamb’s home-made Delta doll seen in the opening of Bioshock 2, it’s a 7-inch plush that shows all the hallmarks of a Little Sister’s strange creativity, incorporating a baseball, a watch, elastic bands and a paperclip into the design. This one makes a great display piece, too–just leave it on the floor and any visiting Splicers will know to tread a little more carefully, lest the real Delta come their way.